2-Step Verification (commonly known as two-factor authentication, or 2FA) acts as an extra layer of security for your wallet. When logging in you will need both the @Emailforward.mx password plus a one-time passcode (OTP) generated by your chosen method of 2FA: Google Authenticator.
Go to your @Emailforward.MX Security Center to set up 2FA. Under the Two-Step Verification section, click Enable and choose which option you want to set up.
We recommend Google Authenticator for most users. It doesn’t require an internet connection or phone service to use.
- Download the free application from the App Store or Google Play store.
- Under Enable, choose Authenticator App.
- You will be presented with a QR code to scan with your Google Authenticator app.
For those on Android devices: Open Google Authenticator on your device, click the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select Add an account, and Scan a barcode.
For those on iOS devices: Open Google Authenticator on your device, click on the + symbol in the upper right, then click Scan barcode.
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device. Once this is complete, you'll now see your Wallet ID listed in your app with 6 numbers that change randomly every 30 seconds. This is your 2FA code that you will use for logging in.
- Enter the code and press Verify Code.